Saturday, December 15, 2012

The End of Your Life Book Club

I was very moved by Will Schalbe's journey with his mother Mary Anne as she underwent treatment for cancer. As the two of them sat waiting at Sloan Kettering and doctors' offices they discussed their recent book selections. While book lovers will definitely enjoy their thoughts about a variety of books, no one will come away without an understanding of the remarkable woman and the son who loved her very much. Although it covers two years, you know the ending before you start. Just as Mrs. Schwalbe did...she always read the end of the book first.

I was delighted to receive this book from my niece Kathie for my 75th birthday and just as delighted that her sister-in-law Sue Carswell asked her friend Will Schwalbe to autograph it for me. It's one of those books that you keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment